What It’s Like To Be Part of Our Engineering Team
Hear some current members of the Verdant engineering team discuss their day-to-day work and how their contributions help solve unique challenges.
Are you looking to develop your engineering career and skills in a position where you are challenged to produce tangible results on key projects that make a difference?
Verdant Environmental Technologies is growing at a rapid pace and we need team-oriented, driven engineers to feed our software and product development.
If you enjoy working with a friendly, creative and dynamic engineering team lead by a senior leadership group of engineers, then we need to talk to you!
Software engineers develop and support a cloud based real time IoT device network management system. Your work will help develop a multi-layered architecture spanning thousands of locations, each with several hundred IoT devices, all controlled in a real time SaaS environment.
- Executing software architecture, design, implementation, debugging, release management and maintenance
- Handling streams of real time big data
- Designing and implementing robust and secure REST API’s
- Analyzing systems to cover performance benchmarking, reliability, security and scalability
- Optimizing code to handle a large number of concurrent requests in real time.
- Leading junior engineers to completing their priority projects.
What You Bring to Our Team
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in system-level software development
- 2+ years prior relevant experience in web development
- Deep understanding of the web environment as well as HTTP protocols and servers
- Experience designing and implementing REST APIs and microservices
- Experience with Java/Spring and Spark is a definite plus
- Passionate about your work, a positive attitude, and a true team player
- Detail oriented and willing to roll up your sleeves
- Ability to operate in a fast growth, entrepreneurial environment with shifting priorities
We want our employees to enjoy their life at work. We look for results as opposed to what time you “punched in and out”. We like to laugh and we like to perform. We are becoming a dominant player in our markets and we want our employees to be an integral part of this success story. We hope you can join us on this great adventure.
But that’s not all:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and Long-Term Disability package
- Free snacks, soft drinks, and great coffee
- Weekly Friday Summer BBQ’s
- Corporate Gym (2020)
- Flexibility with personal time off – we care about your health and family
- Casual office wear, no suits needed!